The 2050 Group comprises dynamic industry young professionals, who represent a wide range of disciplines across the built environment.
The 2050 group’s vision is to provide a collaborative forum and platform for members of all construction disciplines and professional bodies to work together to achieve a carbon neutral construction industry by the year 2050.
- Promote shared knowledge and sustainability initiatives
- Be an active forum for like-minded industry professionals to collaborate
- Develop and review strategic scenarios for the future
- Offer unique perspectives and critical thought leadership
- Contribute to the Low Carbon Construction Action Plan and assist its delivery
- Disseminate information to help positively shape the future of the industry
2050 Group’s Work and Publications
The 2050 Group has worked together to determine what they would like the construction industry of the future to be like, with particular focus on the period 2020 – 2050.
The Group fed into the Low Carbon Construction IGT Final Report, which was issued on 29th November 2010.
The Group contributed to the UK-GBC “Plan for Growth” report, which was published in May 2012. The Group was approached by Deloitte for its answer to the question ‘ How can the Green Construction Board better deliver a sustainable construction industry by 2050?’
- Alexander Cook ISSE
- Amos Simba BPIC
- Andrew Outram RICS
- Anna Lewis APS
- Anna Tyler ICE
- Eoin Burns CIOB
- Henry Fenby Taylor IET
- Jack Young CIRIA
- James Robb CIAT
- Jennifer Cox CIBSE
- Kisa Zehra RICS
- Lawrence Bellinfantie CIC
- Michaela Chan ICE
- Mina Hasman RIBA
- Mishka Scott CABE
- Peter -- ISSE
- Richard Scott LABC
- Tommy Boonham-Payne APS
- Will Horsman NHBC
Chaired by Andrew Outram
Deputy Chair Matt Collins