BIM for Beginners
This event has finished
The London BIM Hub is thrilled to invite you to its first information event for people who are new to BIM.
When and where: 6pm – 8pm at The University of Westminster
What to expect:
- Fast, expert driven provision of answers to your questions
- 1.5 hours – 4 topics of your choice
- Fantastic Industry Networking
We will be providing expert industry and BIM knowledge in a fun, interactive learning environment to provide you with the opportunity to directly ask questions, fill potential knowledge gaps, and dispel any myths about what BIM is, and the realities of incorporating it into your business.
The layout of the evening will be;
- Brief introduction by Steve Race, author of Demystifying BIM.
- Pecha Kucha style presentations (2 minutes each) by 6 experts on a BIM relevant topic they will be facilitating.
- 15 minute rotation style interactive dialogue with these highly knowledgeable industry figures over the course of an hour.
- Conclusion and light refreshments.
- Opportunity for further networking and BIM Beers at a local pub, post event.
Facilitator topics will cover;
- BIM for beginners
- Motivation for adopting BIM
- Process of adoption
- Costs of implementation
- BIM Protocol and commercial arrangements
- PAS 1192:2 and collaboration protocols
What you need to do:
At the beginning of the event to choose the four topics you would most like to participate in.
These 15 minute sessions are designed to give you the chance to ask BIM related queries specific to the topics, and to address any initial barriers you may be experiencing.
The idea of the event is not to provide you with all the answers at once, but to provide key access to expert knowledge, not always easily accessible. The aim is that conversations can carry on after the formal part of the evening concludes, or to create contacts that can be used for ongoing information exchange.
This event has been created especially for people who feel there are gaps that need to be filled before they investigate integrating BIM processes into their business, or who are in the early stages of adoption.
Please click here to register for your place by Friday 14th June. Places are limited and on a first come, first serve basis.
Informal BIM Beers at the Volunteer pub (245 – 247 Baker Street) after the event concludes will be a fantastic opportunity for continuing conversations, and we would love for #UKBIMCrew members and people who have already adopted BIM practices, and who are willing to share their own BIM knowledge with others to come along to this part of the evening. There is no need to register for this.
Share this event:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400