Diabetes in the Workplace Conference
This event has finished
19 October 2022 09:00 – 16:30
Diabetes is a hidden epidemic, leaving all companies exposed to increased absenteeism, increased risk of accidents and rapidly increasing risk of legal liability.
With over 700 new diagnoses of type 2 diabetes per day and an estimated 1.1 million people in the UK still undiagnosed, diabetes is a critical issue facing every employer over the next few years.
All companies now must face the question; What are we doing to protect our staff and our organisation from the impact of the inexorable rise in diabetes cases.
The Diabetes in the Workplace Conference explores how best to keep your staff in work, productive and safe from the risks of diabetes whilst at the same time mitigating the legal risks to your organisation.
Held at the spectacular Holywell Park Conference Centre, less than 1 mile from J23 of the M1, with ample free car parking and excellent facilities. It is the ideal location for the conference
Featuring presentations from:
- Leading UK organisations who are successfully implementing strategies that reduce the impact of diabetes in the workplace.
Jamie Broadley, Head of Health & Wellbeing, Serco Group plc
- Leading clinicians to raise your knowledge and understanding of diabetes symptoms and risk and management.
Peter Jennings, Senior Lecturer, Birmingham City University
- Leading law firms who can help you understand the legal risks that organisations now face from the accelerating rise in cases ad help to develop sound policies to mitigate this.
Natalie Barton-Howes, Principal Associate in the Regulatory Crime team at Gowling WLG.
- Leading charity for people living with diabetes in the UK
Peter Shorrick, Head of Midlands and East of England, Diabetes UK
- Technology partners providing devices that help organisations monitor and protect your company and staff against diabetes risk and liability.
It is also the perfect place to network with 200 fellow leading executives from major employers in the UK with responsibility for managing employee health and corporate legal liability.
As the cases of diabetes rise inexorably, it’s the ideal opportunity to shape, develop, improve and benchmark your organisations response to the diabetes epidemic.
Link to website: https://www.ditwconference.co.uk
Share this event:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400