Chair of the CIC ADR Management Board
Posted: 22nd October 2019
The Construction Industry Council is seeking to appoint a member of one of its constituent organisations to Chair the CIC Alternative Dispute Resolution Management Board. The appointment will be made by the CIC Board and will be for an initial three-year term.
Nominations may be made by any member organisation of CIC or by any individual. The nominee must be a member of one of the 35 organisations in Full Membership of the CIC (see www.cic.org.uk for a full list or contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
The CIC ADR Management Board is one of a number of specialist committees and panels maintained by CIC under the auspices of the Business Panel to which the ADR Panel reports.
The objectives of the CIC ADR Management Board are to:
- Undertake activities which minimise the financial and emotional costs of construction and engineering disputes.
- Act as the reference point within CIC for all matters relating to ADR, and consider all issues relating to ADR including adjudication and mediation that affect CIC’s members.
- Oversee the operations of the CIC as an Adjudicator Nominating Body (ANB), including maintaining the Register of Adjudicators and making nominations.
- Oversee the operations of the CIC Model Mediation Agreement and Procedure, including maintaining the Panel of Mediators and making nominations.
- Oversee the CIC’s participation in the ongoing work of specialist groups, including Government reviews of the ‘Construction Act’ and the Scheme for Construction Contracts.
- Oversee the continued development and publication of CIC Procedures in relation to ADR.
- Provide information and guidance to Government and CIC members on issues relating to ADR.
- Collect and publish data on adjudication.
- Meet formally on approximately four occasions per year – historically meetings are in the morning and generally held at the CIC offices in Central London.
Niall Lawless current Chair says “It is in the role of the Chair through consensus to determine and lead the activities of the CIC ADR Management Board, to decide what opportunities should be developed.”
Nominations must include a brief CV of the nominee. Self-nominations are acceptable. Applicants may be required to attend a discussion with representatives of the Board or Business Panel.
This is a voluntary position and no salary or fee will be paid. Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be met in accordance with the CIC policy on expenses (a copy of which is available from email@example.com).
Nominations which will be treated in the strictest confidence are welcome on behalf of any individual member of a Full member of CIC, irrespective of age, gender and ethnicity.
Nominations should be made no later than 5pm on Tuesday, 26 November 2019 and should be sent to:
Mr Graham Watts OBE Chief Executive
Construction Industry Council
26 Store Street
Share this story:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400