CIC responds to Building a Safer Future
Posted: 3rd August 2018
CIC in consultation with our 35 member bodies and 12 associates has produced a response to the final report of the Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety from Dame Judith Hackitt, Building a Safer Future.
This response seeks to address the ambition of Building a Safer Future for changes to the regulatory, compliance and enforcement provisions for the construction sector.
Our members are in agreement that the reforms which are needed must deliver all aspects of life safety in buildings and thus be wider than those specifically recommended in Building a Safer Future, as Dame Judith herself advocates.
We also believe that necessary change in industry culture will only be successful if that change is driven through at all levels and scales of work.
The full response can be viewed by clicking here.
Share this story:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400
- FPA develops new fire compartmentation and door survey technology
- SEA Advises the UK Government to Address Remaining Policy Gaps in Order to Achieve Net Zero by 2050
- Collaborate like never before – Product Platform Rulebook
- CMA provisionally finds illegal cartels in construction industry
- FPA launches new material identification laboratory