Movement of People - what should you be doing now?
Posted: 19th October 2020
The Construction Leadership Council has published guidance on the movement of people and workers into the UK in respect of the expiration of the transition period with the European Union at the end of the year. The group which produced this report was chaired by CIC Chief Executive Graham Watts.
The guidance offers an overview of the new points-based immigration system, the Common Travel Area (CTA), the skilled worker route, the shortage occupation list, how to become a licensed sponsor, the rights of EU, EEA and Swiss migrants, the mutual recognition of professional qualifications and the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) as well as useful links and resources. It is appropriate for all businesses across the industry and along the supply chain.
The guidance has been issued by the Movement of People Workstream of the CLC BREXIT Working Group and comprises the second publication in a suite of business readiness advice that the group intends to publish ahead of 31 December 2020.
Access the guidance here
Share this story:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400
- Can you help shape the future of workplace wellbeing support?
- CIC welcomes three new directors to leadership team
- Leaders speak with a single voice for a more inclusive construction & Built Environment Sector
- Political party leaders urged to make manifesto commitments for embodied carbon regulation in the UK
- Foundations in place for a competence-led built environment