Duration: 2012 - 2015
In March 2012 CIC was tasked with creating a network of Building Information Modelling (BIM) Regions to help raise awareness and the benefits of BIM to the industry as a whole and facilitate the early adoption of BIM processes and working methods throughout the UK’s construction industry.
- Interface with the core team and the emerging legacy support organisation to raise awareness of the BIM programme and its requirements
- Act as a conduit for relevant information on the programme to ensure a consistent and contextualised message is disseminated
- Enable regional engagement in national discussions
- Encourage the sharing of BIM knowledge and best practice within the networks
- Facilitate regional collaborative activity to support the development of the supply chain’s BIM capabilities
- Provide linkage with the GCS BIM Task Group and the CIC BIM Forum Provide valuable feedback to the core team
In 2015 the BIM Regions set up their own limited by guarentee company to ensure the future of the groups beyond the intial CIC project. To find out more about your BIM Region please see the their website.
Share this project:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400