Inclusive Environment Action Plan
Set out by Minister for Communities Stephen Williams and Minister for disabled people Mark Harper, the Inclusive Environments: Built Environment Industry Action Plan has been signed by the Construction Industry Council as well 13 other organisations including members RIBA, LI, CIOB, RICS, RTPI and CIAT.
Following the success of the Olympic park which set a benchmark for quality of inclusion which was lauded worldwide the action plan aims to remove barriersand make buildings, streets and public spaces more inclusive and accessible to all.
In agreeing to partner and develop this action plan CIC have made specific commitments to promote the planning, design, construction, development and management of inclusive environments by:
- Collaborating on industry wide and sectorial Continuing Professional Development
- Rewarding excellence and celebrating success
- Championing inclusive design through leadership and promoting awareness
- Collaborating on research, innovation and continual improvement across industry
- Communicating best practice to members and encouraging knowledge sharing between professional institutions via Inclusive Environments Hubs
Design Council Cabe continues to promote the Built Environment Industry Action Plan and is progressing with work to develop a free online Inclusive Environment Training Programme for built environment professionals.
The Design Council’s Inclusive Environment Hub provides information and technical advice on how to achieve an inclusive environment. To suggest a resource to be included in the Hub – email Nicola Mathers firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the resource and a short description explaining what the resource is, and to whom it applies. You can also write an opinion piece on your experience of implementing inclusive design principles and processes for the Hub.
For further information visit http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/projects/inclusive-environments
Share this project:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400