CIAT and AIBD sign collaborative arrangement
Posted: 28th February 2014
CIC member the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) has signed collaborative arrangement with the American Institute of Building Designers (AIBD) to cooperate on matters relating to their respective disciplines.
The objectives of the arrangement are to:
- develop arrangements to facilitate members of each institute to join the other institute;
- introduce membership discounts for events, educational functions and publications;
- identify mechanisms within both organisations that could be transferable to assist with education, best practice, technical and certification activities where either organisation has developed expertise;
- identify joint efforts for both organisations to foster professionalism through education, best practice, technical, certification, public image and performance standards; and
- identify joint efforts for both organisations to foster cooperation within allied professional bodies, government authorities and others.
Speaking of the collaboration, Karl Grace, President of CIAT said ‘I’m delighted to see this collaborative arrangement in place. It will not only help to support members of both Institutes but also recognises our disciplines equally within America and the UK. The timing of this arrangement is opportune as we have just set-up a Centre for The Americas. This is indeed an exciting time for the development of CIAT internationally.’
AIBD President, Varina Wooster, expressed her pleasure with the newly announced collaboration: “After some months of conversation between AIBD and CIAT, we have formalised a working relationship between the two professional organisations that extends hands across the ocean in recognition of mutually shared goals and interests.”
Share this story:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400