30th Anniversary: Landscape Institute Awards 2023 are open for submissions
Posted: 16th June 2023
This year, the Landscape Institute Awards celebrates its 30th Anniversary – 30 years of celebrating people, place and nature, and the myriad ways that landscape projects can connect them. It celebrates spaces that people can be truly proud of. Each year, the Awards showcase projects that protect, conserve and enhance the natural and built environment.
The LI Awards is one of the biggest events in the industry which celebrates UK and international landscape practice, and the exceptional contribution of landscape designers, managers, planners, researchers, local authorities, and more across the globe in creating a better place to live. This year’s ceremony will take place on Friday 3rd November at the prestigious Brewery, Chiswell Street, London.
The Award submissions are now open until 4th July 2023, see LI’s awards website for more details. Members and non-members will have the opportunity to submit their projects, and finalists will be announced in September and the winners will be presented with their award at the ceremony.
There are 17 categories this year and the LI invites members and non-members to submit the projects that they believe reflect their best practice and holistic vision. There are five open categories, nine professional categories, two for students and the President's Award for the best overall landscape project. The Building with Nature category is open to recipients of a Building with Nature Accreditation for their residential, commercial, or community
Award submissions from any individual, organisation, employer, government, university or combination of groups across the globe can enter the open categories, which are:
- Landscape and Parks Management Award: celebrating excellence in the management of a place or landscape.
- Landscape Research and Digital Innovation Award: an innovative product, service, publication, or piece of research or guidance that has influenced the industry or has the potential to positively transform landscape practice.
- Excellence in Collaboration, Engagement and Influence: for excellence in partnership and cross-discipline collaboration.
- The Dame Sylvia Crowe International Award: for landscape excellence around the world.
- Landscape Legacy Award: for a person, organisation or group that leaves a lasting landscape legacy to the world.
The hybrid format will allow people from all over the globe to join in, promoting discussions and showcasing projects that combat climate change, support health and wellbeing, promote biodiversity and ‘level up’ local spaces at a global scale.
Share this story:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400