Job vacancy at CIC - Public Affairs Executive
Posted: 3rd February 2020
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is the representative forum for the professional bodies, research organisations and specialist business associations, across all sectors of the built environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to step into a Public Affairs position within the built environment sector with a particular focus on Climate Change.
The Public Affairs Executive will provide support to the Executive Team on a number of projects being carried out by the Construction Industry Council to include our work on the Climate Change and Biodiversity Emergency; Inclusive Environments; eLearning; Digital guides and our Award schemes. The role is varied and includes planning, organising and marketing events, as well as responsibility for updating CIC’s website on these and other related issues.
As Public Affairs Executive you will:
- Assist with the Climate Change Expert Panel, Building Safety Panel, Inclusive Environments Committee and working groups on eLearning, Digital Guides and the Awards schemes run by CIC;
- Organise Awards Receptions/Lectures and Events
- Organise and attend meetings and take minutes/notes.
- Manage, produce and distribute CIC digests on Climate Change and Inclusive Environments.
- Proactively source articles through member liaison; actively seeking new stories and helping our members promote their key initiatives.
- Write and proof read CIC materials, documents and copy text for our e-newsletter, Website etc.
- Assist the updating of press and distribution lists, as required.
- Update CIC social networking sites (twitter/Facebook/Linked-In) and grow the followers on these platforms.
Key skills, experience and qualifications that are required:
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a range of stakeholders (e.g. members, customers, colleagues, designers and partner organisations)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- IT literate: to use a variety of software including Windows 2016
Key skills, experience and qualifications that would be desirable:
- Events/marketing experience
- A good knowledge of office practices, administration, event co-ordination and customer service skills and techniques
- Familiar with using Publisher, e-marketing, e-discussion groups, web updates, etc
- Willingness to learn and grow with the role
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of £24,000 and 25 days holiday.
Interviews will take place as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
To apply please send an up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to: Eve Farraud, Construction Industry Council, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 19 March 2020
Share this story:
Telephone: 020 7399 7400