In CIC Members agreed to resurrect the CIC Public Affairs Group, as a virtual group for the professional public/external affairs professionals within the membership, to be chaired by Hannah Vickers, CEO of ACE, and CIC Director.
The Public Affairs Group terms of reference:
- To advise and assist the CIC Chief Executive in making representations and responding to government and other public and influential bodies on policy issues and associated matters affecting the built environment
- To assist the preparation of policy papers and consultation responses, where appropriate
- To advise CIC’s views on Public Affairs issues may be jointly presented to Government and other appropriate authorities in conjunction with other organisations representing sectors of the construction industry and, in particular, to advise the Chief Executive
- To share knowledge and experience of public affairs activity by members
- Initial focus raising awareness and highlighting opportunities to collaborate